Call for Submissions
Catalyst Arts is seeking proposals for its gallery programme to be exhibited from the 1st to the 17th of December 2016. This opportunity is open to artists, collectives and cultural producers to propose a project for the gallery space. Catalyst Arts will provide technical support and gallery resources and a modest budget to include an artist fee, £100 transportation costs and a materials stipends of £200 towards the entire project. Catalyst Arts will also cover publicity costs for the promotion of the project. There is no theme for this selection and experimental and alternative forms of contemporary art practice are encouraged, however we cannot accept submissions for solo shows through this call.
Proposals may be submitted in any of the following formats:
- Artist-organised Exhibition (with two or more participants per application)
- Collaborative Projects
- Site Specific Projects
- Inter-disciplinary Projects
- Sound / Live Art / Event-based Projects
- Individual artists may also submit work for consideration as a part of a group show
We encourage applicants to visit the gallery space to get a sense of what is possible and for those who are not able to travel to Belfast, our gallery specifications are available on our website at http://www.catalystarts.org.uk/the-gallery/
Exhibition dates in Belfast will be between 1st to 17th December 2016. Gallery opening hours are Tuesday to Saturday 11am – 5pm each week, invigilated by the committee. Applicants must submit and email to email@example.com by 5pm Wednesday 19th October 2016 with the following attachments:
- Fully completed Application Form
- Artist CV
- Single PDF containing 5-8 high res images of current, recent or proposed work (10MB max)
- Links to video, sound, durational or performance works (youtube, vimeo, soundcloud or artist website only). Please note: media files will not be downloaded so please do not forward dropbox, google drive, or wetransfer links.
Applications can be accepted from Catalyst Arts members only.
Apply for membership here: http://www.catalystarts.org.uk/membership/